“To build a “gold standard” of nursing practice in individual (and non-traditional) nursing-based businesses through education and collaboration.”
To assist entrepreneurs running independent businesses to make informed business decisions by providing education and networking opportunities to gain knowledge in various areas of business ownership.
- To provide pertinent information to nurses who are establishing, or intending to establish an independent nursing practice.
- To maintain optimum standards of practice by providing continuing education on a regular basis in the form of workshops, speakers, etc.
- To be aware of current healthcare issues with specific consideration to issues related to working in an independent business setting.
- To provide input and support for healthcare issues in independent business nursing practice by becoming involved with local, provincial, and federal governments.
- To raise awareness of the role and importance of nurses in independent business through lobbying and promoting ourselves for recognition as competent and competitive healthcare providers with: extended healthcare plans and insurance companies.