- IB SIG Members share a real synergy and thrill of career satisfaction and personal discovery from providing specialized RPN services that make a difference in healthcare for Ontarians.
- IB SIG offers its members a variety of tools to help get their business up, running, and sustained so they can achieve their individual business goals.
- New members are directed to our website where they can download IB SIG’s “Welcome Package” which contains our By-laws, tips on building a strong business foundation, along with numerous links to answer your business questions.
- Each member is also invited to dialogue with other members and share their experiences and come together to exchange knowledge and advice.
- Members also benefit from forming a ‘voice’ to advocate on common RPN practice issues.
- Members also enjoy a forum for educational development and knowledge exchange.
Education + Networking
Education opportunities:Expand your business knowledge and plan to attend the free AGM Education Session session. There are always great speakers who are "on topic".
Networking:From time to time IBSIG organizes Networking activities where you can meet other like-minded EntrepreNURSES(tm) to exchange knowledge.
Advocacy Efforts:IBISG has been working with RPNAO to draw attention to various practice issuesfacing nursing-based businesses.
One of the biggest challenges our members face, outside of running a professional business, is being recognized by the public, governments, professional associations and insurance companies – especially for payment of services. The "Request for Action"project aims to find efficient solutions that benefit the public and expand their access to cost-effective nursing services.Advocacy Initiatives
Helpful Resources & Links:Access to Member-Only pageson the IBSIG Website which contain a compilation of helpful business and nursing resources and links.
Topics include, How to Start a Nursing-Based Business; About Insurance; RPN Practice Resources; Helpful Links.
Public Promotion:Informing the public and government decision-makers of the many services provided by RPNs in independent business (many outside traditional clinical environments) is one of IBSIG's main goals. IBSIG provides general information via its FAQ webpageand at conferences. The IBSIG display table contains lots of information and an executive member is on hand to answer questions.
Faces of EntrepreNURSEship™
“Faces of EntrepreNURSEship™” Poster Campaign:Provides you and your business free recognition & advertising.
HELP! We are looking for Faces for our 2017 poster. There are 10 spots available on the poster! The poster will be available for download from the IBSIG website, and also provided to members for display. To be eligible, you must have a Spotlight on the IBSIG website (see adjacent ad) and submit a suitable high resolution photo. Notify the membership coordinator if you would like to participate.
Member Spotlight Initiative:Tell your story by submitting a Member Spotlight that highlights your professional journey to starting a nursing-based business.
Download this form (word document) and send your completed submission to the membership coordinator
Member $avings:Offered by various medical equipment suppliers, product retailers and business professionals.
Freebies:Be sure to attend the Fall AGM for product give-aways by our corporate sponsors. Sponsors will also have a table at the event. Check out the AGM pagefor more details.
Website development:Do you have a website for your business? If not, and you would like to create a simple site, Dreamconceptshas offered special pricing to IBSIG members to create and host your website.
IBSIG Executive Committee:Hone your leadership skills and become part of the IBSIG Executive Committee. We need your help with these board opportunities!
IBSIG operates on a modest budget from annual membership fees. It is led by an Executive Committee that is comprised of volunteers who offer their personal time to grow and support the organization, and take on the administrative tasks of the AGM & elections, goal setting, event coordination, and communications.
Many hands who reach out, Many hearts we will reach!